Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Wednesday of First Week of Advent

 

ADVENT  2020 GOSPEL ACCLAMATION SERIES

Advent Wreath

Advent 2020 Gospel Acclamation series.


Image by OpenClipart-Vectors from Pixabay  

WEDNESDAY OF FIRST WEEK OF ADVENT

In preparing for Christmas during Advent, I would like to reflect up on the Gospel Acclamations each day.

You might wonder why I chose to reflect upon the Gospel Acclamations. My reasons are as follows:

 

1.    They are short and can be used as a prayer focus throughout the day.

2.    It encourages me to re-examine the Gospel itself for the day and the connections between the Gospel Acclamation and the Gospel itself.

3.    Gospel Acclamations at Mass can pass by quickly. This advent I want to sit with them prayerfully and give them attention.

 

Each post will proclaim the Gospel Acclamation and then ponder how the acclamation can be lived throughout Advent.

 

GOSPEL ACCLAMATION:

Alleluia, Alleluia.  The Lord is coming to save His people. Happy are they prepared to meet Him.

The Gospel for Wednesday of the First Week of Advent is from Mt 15:29-37. In this Gospel, Jesus not only cures the sick, the lame, the dumb but also reminds us that He feeds us in all our needs.  He is the host and we are His guests. He feeds us with a banquet- He gives us Himself in Holy Communion.  We too, must be hosts to others in need through His help to those we meet.  Through His power, we too can cure the sick, help the dumb to speak and the lame to walk in our society, in our parish and in our families.

 

On this Wednesday of the first week of Advent then, Jesus invites us to come to Him with our dumbness, lameness and sickness.  Are we ready to admit our need for healing and our need for Jesus in our lives?

We may wish to reflect upon:

·         What are the areas of physical, emotional and spiritual sickness in my life that need healing from Jesus?

·         Why are we afraid to be generous with others with time, energy, resources?

·         How will I meet Jesus in my life today and during this advent? 

·         How will I prepare to make a good confession this advent?  Do I truly believe Jesus came to save me from my sins?

·         What are the hindrances/pitfalls I experience in my life which hinder me from

·         following Jesus?

·         What plan will I make this advent to eradicate at least one of these hindrances.

 

KEY ACTIONS WORDS

·         Save

·         Happy

·         Prepared

·         Meet.

 

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Jesus, I am in need of Your healing, your touch and your love.  Come save me again today from my weaknesses, my sicknesses and my sins.  Help me be aware of your loving presence and meet you. Help me to be happy as I prepare to welcome and meet you throughout this day, throughout advent and at Christmas.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment