Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Tuesday of the First Week of Advent

 

ADVENT  2020 GOSPEL ACCLAMATION SERIES

Advent Wreath

Advent 2020 Gospel Acclamation Series.

Image by OpenClipart-Vectors from Pixabay 
 

TUESDAY OF FIRST WEEK OF ADVENT


TUESDAY OF FIRST WEEK OF ADVENT

In preparing for Christmas during Advent, I would like to reflect up on the Gospel Acclamations each day.

You might wonder why I chose to reflect upon the Gospel Acclamations. My reasons are as follows:

 

1.    They are short and can be used as a prayer focus throughout the day.

2.    It encourages me to re-examine the Gospel itself for the day and the connections between the Gospel Acclamation and the Gospel itself.

3.    Gospel Acclamations at Mass can pass by quickly. This advent I want to sit with them prayerfully and give them attention.

 

Each post will proclaim the Gospel Acclamation and then ponder how the acclamation can be lived throughout Advent.

 

GOSPEL ACCLAMATION:

Behold our Lord shall come with power, He will enlighten the eyes of his servants. Alleluia.

 

The Gospel for the Tuesday of the First Week of Advent is  from Lk 10:21-24.  Jesus thanks His Father from hiding the treasures of the Kingdom from the learned and the clever and revealing them to mere children.  He also makes His disciples aware of the gift of Himself to them and how fortunate they are to be with Him since many prophets longed for it and did not have this opportunity.

 

On this Tuesday of the first week of Advent then, Jesus invites us to see Him and be enlightened by His Presence.  Are we ready to see Him in our lives and be enlightened by Him today?

We may wish to reflect upon:

·         What are the blind spots in my life and especially in my spiritual life which stop me from seeing Jesus?

·         What are the areas in my life that need the light of Jesus?

·         Imagine being one the disciples and seeing Jesus, hearing Jesus, touching Jesus.  Invite Him to come to us and shine on us with His power so that we can see, hear and touch Him.

·         How will I see Jesus in others today?

·         How will I reflect Jesus in what I say and do today?

 

KEY ACTION WORDS

The key action words are:

·         Come with power

·         Enlighten the eyes of His servants.

 

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Enlighten me Jesus- my body, mind, soul and spirit. Come with Your Power and touch me today.

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment