Thursday, December 17, 2020

Thursday of Third Week of Advent Gospel Acclamation Series.

 

ADVENT  2020 GOSPEL ACCLAMATION SERIES

Advent Wreath

Advent 2020 Gospel Acclamation series.



THURSDAY OF THE THIRD WEEK OF ADVENT:

In preparing for Christmas during Advent, I would like to reflect up on the Gospel Acclamations each day.

You might wonder why I chose to reflect upon the Gospel Acclamations. My reasons are as follows:

 

1.    They are short and can be used as a prayer focus throughout the day.

2.    It encourages me to re-examine the Gospel itself for the day and the connections between the Gospel Acclamation and the Gospel itself.

3.    Gospel Acclamations at Mass can pass by quickly. This advent I want to sit with them prayerfully and give them attention.

 

Each post will proclaim the Gospel Acclamation and then ponder how the acclamation can be lived throughout Advent.

 

GOSPEL ACCLAMATION:

Alleluia, Alleluia O Wisdom of our God Most High,
guiding creation with power and love:
come to teach us the path of knowledge
! Alleluia.

 

Today’s Gospel is taken from Mt 1:1-17 which is the known as the Genealogy of Jesus.  Why do we hear this in Advent.  It reminds us that Jesus came into the family of the world- obviously with Mary as His Divine Mother and Joseph, His Stepfather but also there was a lineage, a family tree and a heritage.  It is also important because it helps us think of our own background as well as being a member of the family of God.  It is interesting to note that only some women are mentioned and that not all of the ancestors of Jesus were perfect morally- no one is perfect of course but some of the ancestors of Jesus could have been considered the black sheep of their families.  Are we a black sheep of the family or perhaps are we considered by others as black sheep?  God never considers us black sheep. He loves us always.

.

 

  • We may wish to reflect upon:
  • What is my relationship with my family and extended family  currently?
  • Are there areas that could be improved this advent?
  • If there is estrangement from the family, how does this affect my attitude with God’s family in my parish?
  • How do I feel that God despite any past mistakes always has a place for me in His family?


KEY ACTION WORDS.

O Wisdom of Our God Most High

Guiding creation

With power and love

Come

To teach us

The path of knowledge.

 

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Jesus, I need your wisdom to guide creation with the power of Your Love.  Come and teach me this path of knowledge today. Let Your Wisdom be my guide and let the path of knowledge that You show be lit up. Guide all of creation. Come Lord Jesus. Come.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment