Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Monday of the Second Week of Advent Gospel Acclamation Series.

 

ADVENT  2020 GOSPEL ACCLAMATION SERIES

Advent Wreath

Advent 2020 Gospel Acclamation Series.


 

MONDAY OF SECOND WEEK OF ADVENT

In preparing for Christmas during Advent, I would like to reflect up on the Gospel Acclamations each day.

You might wonder why I chose to reflect upon the Gospel Acclamations. My reasons are as follows:

 

1.    They are short and can be used as a prayer focus throughout the day.

2.    It encourages me to re-examine the Gospel itself for the day and the connections between the Gospel Acclamation and the Gospel itself.

3.    Gospel Acclamations at Mass can pass by quickly. This advent I want to sit with them prayerfully and give them attention.

 

Each post will proclaim the Gospel Acclamation and then ponder how the acclamation can be lived throughout Advent.

 

GOSPEL ACCLAMATION:

Alleluia, Alleluia.  Behold the King will come, the Lord of all the earth: He will set us free. Alleluia.

 

The Gospel for today is from Luke 5:17-26.  It is the story of the paralysed man lowered down from the roof so that he can be healed by Jesus.  Jesus forgives his sins before healing him physically.  The pharisees believe that Jesus is blaspheming since only God can forgive sins.
However, for the friends of the man on the stretcher and the man himself, they do not question it.  They are determined for the man to be healed.  The man on the stretcher wants to be healed.

.

We may wish to reflect upon:

·         How much desire do I have to be healed physically, emotionally and spiritually?

·         What is my attitude towards the sacrament of Reconciliation?

·         Imagine being one of the friends who lifted the paralysed man to Jesus.  Who do I bring to Jesus to heal?

·         How does this Gospel connect with the Second week theme of Prepare the way of the Lord and make His paths straight for the Lord?

·         What is my action plan for this second week of Advent?

 

KEY ACTION WORDS.

The King will come.

The Lord of all the earth

He will set us free.

 

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Jesus, You are King and Lord of all the earth.  Forgive me for the times   when I do not place you as King and Lord of all my heart.  During this Advent, I ask you to come and set me free.  I need healing in body, mind, soul and spirit.  I need to be set free. Come Lord Jesus, be Lord and King of my heart today and every day.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment