Saturday, December 12, 2020

Saturday of the Second Week of Advent Gospel Acclamation Series

 

ADVENT  2020 GOSPEL ACCLAMATION SERIES

Advent Wreath

Advent 2020 Gospel Acclamation Series.



SATURDAY OF THE SECOND WEEK OF ADVENT:

In preparing for Christmas during Advent, I would like to reflect up on the Gospel Acclamations each day.

You might wonder why I chose to reflect upon the Gospel Acclamations. My reasons are as follows:

 

1.    They are short and can be used as a prayer focus throughout the day.

2.    It encourages me to re-examine the Gospel itself for the day and the connections between the Gospel Acclamation and the Gospel itself.

3.    Gospel Acclamations at Mass can pass by quickly. This advent I want to sit with them prayerfully and give them attention.

 

Each post will proclaim the Gospel Acclamation and then ponder how the acclamation can be lived throughout Advent.

 

GOSPEL ACCLAMATION:

Alleluia, Alleluia.  Prepare the way of the Lord, make straight His paths, all people shall see the salvation of God. Alleluia.

Today’s Gospel varies according to what is chosen.  Today may be celebrated as Our Lady of Guadeloupe.  If this is celebrated, then the Gospel may be of the story of the Annunciation LK 1:26-38 or the Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth. Lk 1:39-47

.

We may wish to reflect upon either of these Gospel Stories or the Gospel for the Second Saturday of Advent.

We may wish to reflect upon:

·         Where am I in the advent journey?  Have I made any progress in this journey towards preparing a way for the Lord or do I feel like I am still at the beginning of the journey? Do I need to start again?

·         God always meets us where we are at. Go to meet Him where you are at right  now in whatever physical, emotional and spiritual state you are in. He is there to meet us.

·         How will I tweak my advent journey plan for this coming week?  What are my goals this coming week?

·         What advent Gospel Acclamation/s have helped you in your prayer journey so far?

 

KEY ACTION WORDS.

Prepare the way of the Lord.

Make straight His paths.

All people shall see the salvation of God.

 

 PRAYER FOR TODAY

Jesus, You reassure me that You will come and You invite me to go out to meet You.  I want to meet You today in the people I meet, the people I have contact with even if it is a passing moment in the traffic.  I meet You in my world through others and You invite me to reflect You to them.  Be the Prince of Peace today. . Come Lord Jesus. Let me experience your salvation today.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment