Friday, December 4, 2020

Friday of the First Week of Advent Gospel Acclamation Series

 

ADVENT  2020 GOSPEL ACCLAMATION SERIES

 

Advent Wreath

Advent 2020 Gospel Acclamation series.


FRIDAY OF FIRST WEEK OF ADVENT

In preparing for Christmas during Advent, I would like to reflect up on the Gospel Acclamations each day.

You might wonder why I chose to reflect upon the Gospel Acclamations. My reasons are as follows:

 

1.    They are short and can be used as a prayer focus throughout the day.

2.    It encourages me to re-examine the Gospel itself for the day and the connections between the Gospel Acclamation and the Gospel itself.

3.    Gospel Acclamations at Mass can pass by quickly. This advent I want to sit with them prayerfully and give them attention.

 

Each post will proclaim the Gospel Acclamation and then ponder how the acclamation can be lived throughout Advent.

 

GOSPEL ACCLAMATION:

Alleluia, Alleluia.  Behold our Lord will come with power. He will enlighten the eyes of his servants..

The Gospel for Friday of the First Week of Advent is from Mt 9: 27-31: In this Gospel, Jesus invites the blind men to announce their faith before He heals then of their blindness.   He is not testing them, but giving them the opportunity to voice their faith. When they have shown and voiced it, then Jesus heals them. 

We too need healing, but do we believe that Jesus can heal us? We too must give voice to our faith because in giving voice to it, helps to give power to the healing. Is there a physical, emotional and spiritual healing we would like to receive and need and yet, there seems to be no healing. Is our faith weak or do we really believe that Jesus wants to heal us? Are there doubts or do we soft pedal our desire for healing and think that even if we have a little healing that will be good enough.  Jesus does not give good enough healing. He wants to heal us completely.  Be bold this advent and ask with faith for the healing you truly desire. Be bold and ask but also expect it. Jesus never disappoints especially when we ask in faith.

 

We may wish to reflect upon:

·         What are the areas of my physical, emotional and spiritual house that need healing?

·         What are the barriers I have to truly believing in healing for these above-mentioned areas?

·         What are the blind spots in my spiritual life that need God’s light and healing this advent? 

·         How will I rebuild my physical, emotional and spiritual life this advent? What is my action plan?

·         What are the hindrances/pitfalls I experience in my life which hinder me from following Jesus?

·         What plan will I make this advent to eradicate at least one of these hindrances.

·         This Gospel Acclamation is the same as on Tuesday of the First Week. How has it affected you differently today as compared to earlier in the week?

 

KEY ACTIONS WORDS

Will come

Will come with power

Will enlighten

The eyes.

 

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Jesus I need healing in these area ( name them). I know that You are the healer and want to heal me. Come with power into these areas and enlighten my eyes so that I can see more clearly, love You more dearly and believe with the eyes of faith. Come Lord Jesus to me this advent. Come.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment