Monday, December 14, 2020

Monday of the Third Week of Advent Gospel Acclamation Series.

 

ADVENT  2020 GOSPEL ACCLAMATION SERIES

Advent Wreath

Advent 2020 Gospel Acclamation Series.



MONDAY OF THE THIRD WEEK OF ADVENT:

In preparing for Christmas during Advent, I would like to reflect up on the Gospel Acclamations each day.

You might wonder why I chose to reflect upon the Gospel Acclamations. My reasons are as follows:

 

1.    They are short and can be used as a prayer focus throughout the day.

2.    It encourages me to re-examine the Gospel itself for the day and the connections between the Gospel Acclamation and the Gospel itself.

3.    Gospel Acclamations at Mass can pass by quickly. This advent I want to sit with them prayerfully and give them attention.

 

Each post will proclaim the Gospel Acclamation and then ponder how the acclamation can be lived throughout Advent.

 

GOSPEL ACCLAMATION:

Alleluia, Alleluia.  Show us Lord, Your Love and grant us Your Salvation. Alleluia.

 

Today’s Gospel is taken from MT 21:23-27. It discusses the issue of Christ’s authority to teach and to do His works.  Jesus by asking another question gives them an opportunity to review what they see, to think and to come to faith in Him.  The authorities who ask these questions choose to hold on to their power by discussing it amongst themselves. They seem to have some realisation of Christ’s heavenly power but were not prepared to let go of their own narrowness of mind and desire of power.

.

 

We may wish to reflect upon:

·         How do I react to a faith issue I do not fully understand- do I seek enlightenment to understand more, to search for answers and study to find answers?

·         Do I hold on to beliefs that support my social status in the community?

·         How important is salvation to me?

·         How am I growing closer to Christ this Advent?

·         What is my plan for further growth this coming week in advent?

 

KEY ACTION WORDS.

Show us Lord

Your Love

Grant us

Your salvation.

 PRAYER FOR TODAY

Jesus, I need to Your Love.  I need Your Salvation.  Show me Your Love today so that I may express and reflect this love too to those whom I meet, my family, friends parishioners and those in society.

Help me today to reflect upon what the salvation You have won for me really means for me. Unclutter my mind and show me what I need to understand.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment