Sunday, July 25, 2010

Opening Prayer Series:17th Sunday of Year C

OPENING PRAYER SERIES

 

THE MASS : OPENING PRAYER SERIES ICON.


ALTERNATIVE OPENING PRAYER FOR 17TH SUNDAY OF YEAR.


Usually in this Opening Prayer series, I do not write a post on the alternative Opening Prayer. However, at the Mass I attended, the alternative Opening Prayer was read. I felt that providing the alternative Opening Prayer may be another way to assist your spirituality in action during the week.

The alternative Opening Prayer reads as follows:

Let us pray
(for the faith to recognise God's presence in our world). 

God our Father,
open our eyes to see Your hand at work 
in the splendour of creation,
in the beauty of human life.
Touched by Your hand our world is holy.
Help us to cherish the gifts that surround us, 
to share Your blessing with our brothers and sisters 
and to experience the joy of life in Your presence.

REFLECTION QUESTIONS

1. How does having faith assist me in recognising God's presence in our world?
2. Where are the blind spots in my life where I fail to see Your hand at work?
3. How will I open my eyes to see Your hand at work in the splendour of creation? (eg take a walk, look at the wonder of the flowers).
4. How will I see Your hand at work in the beauty of human life- in my family, colleagues at work, parishioners, shop assistant, stranger and yes, even the person who deliberately takes my parking spot?
5.What are the gifts that surround me and how might I cherish them this week?
6. How will I share Your blessings this week?
7. How will I experience the joy of life in Your presence this week? 

Let us pray for the faith to recognize God's presence in our world 
and thank God for all the blessings He gives us this week







No comments:

Post a Comment