Sunday, July 4, 2010

Opening Prayer Series: 14th Sunday of Year

OPENING PRAYER SERIES

THE MASS: OPENING PRAYER SERIES ICON.

 

OPENING PRAYER


The Opening Prayer of the Mass for the 14th Sunday of the Year reads as follows:
Let us pray 
(for forgiveness through the grace of Jesus Christ)
Father,
through the obedience of Jesus, 
Your servant and Your Son, 
You have raised a fallen world. 
Free us from sin and bring us the joy that lasts for ever.

REFLECTION QUESTIONS

In making this prayer tangible for my life during this week, the following reflection questions emerged: 

1. What does the obedience of Christ as Son mean for my life?
2. How will I co-operate with Christ by raising my fallen world this week?
3. What are the areas of my life that are fallen and need to be raised by Christ?
4 What are the areas of darkness from which I need Christ to free me?
5.How will I live from the freedom of sin? What steps will I take (eg receive sacrament of Reconciliation)
6. How can I bring the joy that lasts for ever into my internal and external world this week?  

GOSPEL REFLECTION

In today's Gospel, Jesus reminds us that even when we have special gifts given us by Him, we should not become attached to its power, but rather stay focused on reaching our goal- 'our names are written in heaven'. He also provides us with instructions for the journey- travel light and give others peace. We need to be have Christ's peace ourselves first before He can give His peace to others through us.
May the words of the Gospel Acclamation be yours during this coming week:






No comments:

Post a Comment