Sunday, July 11, 2010

Opening Prayer Series 15th Sunday of Year


OPENING PRAYER SERIES 

THE MASS: OPENING PRAYER SERIES ICON.


OPENING PRAYER

The Opening Prayer of the Mass for the 15th Sunday of the Year reads as follows:
Let us pray 
(that the Gospel may be our rule of life)
God our Father,
Your light of truth guides us to the way of Christ. 
May all who follow him 
reject what is contrary to the gospel.

REFLECTION QUESTIONS

In making this prayer tangible for my life during this week, the following reflection questions emerged: 

1.Why would I want the Gospel to be my rule of life?
2. What does it mean to be guided to the way of Christ?
3. How does God's light of truth guide my life?
4. What do I need to reject in my life that is contrary to the Gospel?
5. What does it mean for me to follow Christ?
6. What does it mean to me to bear the name Christian?


GOSPEL REFLECTION.

In the Gospel, we are reminded not only to love God with all our heart and mind and soul and with all our strength but also to love your neighbour as yourself. This is a total commitment as demonstrated by the story of the Good Samaritan who assisted his neighbour with his compassion and love, time and his resources.

During the homily, our priest commented 'The Lawyer at the beginning of the story asks Jesus 'who is my neighbour', but Jesus wants us to ask the question 'To whom am I a neighbour'?  


May we live the words of the Gospel during this week as ' the precepts of the Lord give joy to the heart'.


No comments:

Post a Comment