Friday, June 11, 2010

The Real Presence in the Eucharist.


The Real Presence in the Eucharist.
 
Welcome to my third post in my Book Review series.  If you have missed the other two posts, why not take a look. Each week, this series will review all types of Catholic books to assist us in our growing relationship with God.
Since we have celebrated the Feast of the Body and Blood of Christ last Sunday, it is timely to consider what our ongoing faith in the real presence in the Eucharist will be during the rest of this year, and how we might grow in our love and understanding of the Eucharist. 

Last year in our parish, a Eucharistic Festival over 4 days was held including exposition, keynote addresses from notable speakers and a 'scaled down' version of the Vatican International Exhibition. 
My contribution was to assist in its presentation of the Vatican International Exhibition. Needing to do some research on these Eucharistic miracles of the world, I had the good fortune to discover these 2 wonderful volumes. Not only did it provide me with the relevant information required for the presentation, but it also strengthened my belief in the real presence in the Eucharist. 

This is My Body, This is my Blood, written by Penny and Bob Lord has two volumes.  Both volumes are easy and engaging reading of some of the Eucharistic miracles that have occurred in the world. In these two volumes, the authors take the reader on a journey to these places of miracles and where there is physical evidence still remaining, there are photos provided. There is also a VHS tape available under the same title  This is my Body This is my Blood Miracles of the Eucharist Bob and Penny Lordhttps://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/proxy/AVvXsEjwCUKrBJmPz_DYO7PVXMS7uKa-GVGMRlsL4d5p7xlkuKK9EDPal0HQlDOvNTlWbm4Q6gSpP4QjpRif1KuP5fneNLxdGXdydaSzzxMfGkmrSl5rZMQGlbNlAE3lmmnCtw6uAuMewASbcTA6Lz1pBfEP7P6X38weZxYoMlQf57dvP0djrao1GFbRm6lhOeEorp927g06hmCwY5EY8OYjsnxN6aR8gnJG=s0-d

In these days where the real presence in the Eucharist is sadly lacking and/ or ignored, it was uplifting to read about the Eucharistic miracles of the world and to appreciate them.  Since the time of the Eucharistic festival, I have re-read these books again, finding them helpful for my own reflection before the Blessed Sacrament.   With each reading, I still have experienced them as compelling as my first reading of them and have gained a greater appreciation for the Eucharist. I also noted that my faith in the real presence has been strengthened and refreshed. 

Have you ever had any passing or lingering doubts about the Real Presence in the Eucharist?  If you feel that your belief in the real presence is jaded or simply needs reviewing and strengthening, these compelling books are indeed faith strengthening.  They are valuable resources in your own catholic library or your parish resource library, not only for this present moment, but books that you will reach for as you walk with Christ on your journey of faith.   I hope you enjoy them and have your faith nourished and nurtured.


No comments:

Post a Comment