Sunday, June 27, 2010

Opening Prayer Series: 13th Sunday of Year

Opening Prayer Series:
 

the Mass; Opening Prayer Series.

OPENING PRAYER

The Opening Prayer of the Mass for the 13th Sunday of the Year reads  as follows:
Let us pray 
(that Christ may be our light)
Father,
You call Your children to walk in the light of Christ,  
Free us from darkness, 
and keep us in the radiance of Your truth.

REFLECTION QUESTIONS
In making this prayer tangible for my life during this week, the following reflection questions emerged:

1. What does it mean to me to be a child of God?
2. How will Christ be my light this week?
3. What prevents me from hearing Christ's call to walk in His light?
4 Name the areas in my life which need illumination of Christ's light?
5. What are the areas of darkness from which  I need Christ to free me?
6.What is the radiance of Your truth? 
7. How does the radiance of Your truth impact on my life? What changes will I implement?

GOSPEL REFLECTION
In today's Gospel, Jesus challenges us with our commitment to discipleship. Discipleship also comes at a cost- we must be prepared to renounce ourselves and carry our cross every day.  We need to be totally committed to our relationship with God and not make excuses, even if they seem genuine at first glance.

Let us renew the life of God within us this week and walk in the light of Christ. May the words of the psalm be ours during this week 
" You are my inheritance O Lord".


No comments:

Post a Comment