Saturday, December 19, 2009

Week 4 Opening Prayer

OPENING PRAYER SERIES


the Mass

The Mass: Opening Prayer series.



OPENING PRAYER


The opening prayer of the Mass for the fourth week of Advent reads as follows:

Let us pray,
(as Advent draws to a close, that Christ will truly come into our hearts)

          Lord ,fill our hearts with your love, 
and as You revealed to us by an angel 
the coming of Your Son as man, 
so lead us through His suffering and death, 
to the glory of His resurrection 
for He lives and reigns with You and Holy Spirit 
One God for ever and ever.   

REFLECTION QUESTIONS


In making this prayer tangible for my life during this week, the following reflection questions emerged: 
1. What hindrance is truly preventing Christ to come into my heart?
2. What actions do I need to take to remove these hindrances and allow Christ to fill me with love? 
3. What does the coming of Christ mean to me this Christmas? 
4. How will I give birth to Christ in my life during this coming week and during Christmastide? 
5. How do I reflect on the suffering, death and resurrection of Christ as Advent draws to a close?

On the fourth Sunday of Advent, the vestments return to purple or violet with a penitential spirit, and it is  timely to review my Advent journey and to continue it with hope. As we make the practical preparations for Christmas, let us embrace wholeheartedly the theme that the Church offers in its liturgy this week -'that Christ will truly come into our hearts'.   

What will YOUR Spirituality in Action (SIA) be this week? 

May your week be filled with expectation and love as your prepare your gift to Christ on His birthday.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment