Saturday, December 5, 2009

Spirituality In Action ((SIA) No 3 week 1 Advent

SPIRITUALITY IN ACTION (SIA) 

 No 3 week 1 Advent


The Advent Wreath

THE ADVENT WREATH 


REVIEW OF WEEK 1 ADVENT

Well we have concluded the first week of Advent. I hope you have made some progress on your Advent journey. God looks lovingly at our efforts and He sees the progress, even if we do not. This is always comforting for us to know.

So as I close my SIA for week I of Advent, I want to review my week before I go to bed tonight. My review plan is as follows: 
  • ·         Unwind and then read the Opening Prayer with an open heart before Lord.
  • ·         Review the reflection questions that emerged at the beginning of the week
  • ·         Give thanks for the progress of this week's journey, and acknowledge God's help
          during these little 'triumphs' of the week.
  • ·         Acknowledge areas that need improvement and how to implement the change with
          God's help.
  • ·         Re-read the Opening Prayer and pray it to allow the Holy Spirit to enlighten me and
          give me courage to continue the journey.

The theme that that Church highlights in Week 1 Opening Prayer is to 'take Christ's coming seriously'. 

Let us continue the Advent journey, and take this theme into the coming week as the Church encourages us-

Let nothing hinder you from receiving Christ with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment