Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Spirituality In Action (SIA) no 2 -Christmastide.

SIA WITH CHRISTMAS CARDS


Manger at Bethlehem

MANGER SCENE 


HOW TO REPURPOSE  CHRISTMAS CARDS/

What do you do with your Christmas Cards after Christmastide is over?
For many years,  I have scanned the pictures for use, updated the Christmas card list and kept the cards in a drawer we have called 'the Christmas drawer'.

However, I felt I could do something more with these cards and  have decided to:
  • Use the Christmas Cards as my SIA during Christmastide by dividing the number of people on my card list by 12 (for the 12 days of Christmas), and then are praying for these people each day.
  • Contact my Christmas card friends throughout the year- dividing the number of people by each month makes it simple enough to pray for them for that month and to stay in contact.
  • Send the cards to a friend who recreates new Christmas cards from these cards. The proceeds of the sale of the recycled cards go to the missions.
Will YOUR Christmas Cards be a SIA for YOU?





No comments:

Post a Comment