Thursday, December 24, 2009

ADVENT IN REVIEW

ADVENT IN REVIEW


Well here in my part of the world, it is Christmas Eve, so the season of Advent is drawing to a close. There is always those last-minute things to be done on Christmas Eve. I know I can get caught up in the busyness of it all, that the opportunity to review my Advent slips past me.
It is now around 11pm and now I can spend this precious quiet time considering this beautiful season of Advent.

Advent Wreath

ADVENT WREATH

THEMES OF ADVENT

Let us consider some of the themes of Advent- a season of
  • hope and joy and expectancy with a desire to be ready to meet Christ
  • needing to prepare the way for Lord- the building a highway in the desert places for my God is essential to spiritual growth.
  • opening my heart to God and looking at my hindrances which prevent me from receiving Christ with joy
  • integrating- putting my spirituality into action in my life during this season in practical ways.
As I compare my previous Advents to this Advent, I feel that this Advent has been different and that God has blessed it as I journeyed towards Him to Bethlehem. I know that there are areas of the highway that still need more work- I am a work in progress and my building a highway in the desert places of my life is ongoing. I thank God that Advent is the start of the liturgical year and that the themes of Advent which the Church encourages us to consider can be carried into remaining liturgical seasons.

I hope that as you make your final preparations for Christmas, that you too can review your Advent and take courage to continue the spiritual journey as you pray from the heart 'Come Lord Jesus'.

May your Advent review fill you with hope, love, joy and peace as you prepare the way for the Lord.
 .

No comments:

Post a Comment