Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Twelve Days of Christmas

TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS SERIES

Manger at Bethlehem

Manger at Bethlehem: 12 Days of Christmas Icon.


DAY 7: TAKE IN THIS MOMENT


Look around. take in this moment.
It will never come again.
Accept the blessing, wrap yourself in its embrace
Glimpse the glory of the Giver
in the wonder near at hand
Celebrate, for God is in this time and place.


We all have had our own individual experience of 2009.
Mine has been a tumultuous year with my dad's long illness and his death during the year and its aftermath. I have also celebrated a milestone birthday- the first birthday and Christmas without dad were not easy.   God provided the giftedness of other supportive people who encouraged me during these moments.  In the many months of physical, emotional and spiritual darkness, God gave me the strength to keep my faith alive and carried me in the palm of His Hand. As 2009 comes to a close I thank God for the many blessings given.

Let us rejoice together as we remember
' Jesus is the reason for the season'.


May God stir you today and give your heart and soul a voice
to sing of His boundless love for YOU.




No comments:

Post a Comment