Thursday, December 17, 2009

SIA no 2 week 3 -celebrating the Joy of Salvation

SIA no 2 week 3 

celebrating the Joy of Salvation

Advent Wreath

Advent Wreath: SIA icon.




 

Bethlehem (Photo: D. Camilleri)

As I continue the journey towards Bethlehem, I am endeavouring to make this week's Opening Prayer alive in my life. Being filled with Christ's joy and celebrating that feast with love and thanksgiving is a bigger ask for me this year, as I have lost my dad during this year after a long illness. Yet, despite the grief I feel, I live in hope that he is experiencing the joy of salvation. I feel sure that there are many other people who also have lost a loved one during this year.

SIA CHALLENGE WEEK 3

My SIA is to pray as they experience their grief, and to ask God to fill them with His joy so that they can celebrate with love and thanksgiving.
Some time ago, I was given this little verse whose author I do not know, which I now share with you to ponder during this week as we journey closer to Bethlehem.

'May this be the Christmas when the world greets Him,
not as a stranger to be lodged in a manger,
but as the sovereign King of everything,
the Prince of Peace...
May this be the Christmas when all the world becomes a Bethlehem
with every heart an open inn

where Christ, Emmanuel, may always dwell as Lord of Lords



No comments:

Post a Comment