Thursday, November 18, 2010

Compendium Series: Practicalites of believing in God.


COMPENDIUM SERIES: 

JESUS THE TEACHER

Practicalities of believing in God.


 Saying that we believe in God is one thing but how do we believe in God in practice. Let's see today what the compendium has to say about the practicalities of such an important question


27. What does it mean in practice for a person to believe in God? (CCC 150-152,176-178)

Compendium states:
It means to adhere to God Himself, entrusting oneself to Him and giving assent to all the truths which God has revealed because God is Truth. It means to believe in one God in three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.



What does this mean for me?

1.            Each day, I am able to entrust myself to God in my prayer and in my work.
2.            I need to learn at a deeper level all the truths which God has revealed.
3.            I am able to come to know Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the One God.
4.            I commit myself to pray for the gift of a deep faith.
 Questions to consider

1.            How will I entrust myself to God daily?
2.            How will I educate myself on the truths which God has revealed?
3.            What is my relationship with Father God, with Jesus and with the Holy Spirit?
4.            How will I deepen my relationship with one God in three persons?
5.            What is my faith in God like?
6.            What is the virtue of faith? (my virtue series may assist you).

Let us be people of faith believing in God in word and deed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment