Thursday, November 4, 2010

Compendium Series: Man's response to God

Compendium Series: Man's response to God 

JESUS THE TEACHER

Now we commence another chapter- chapter 3 of the first section of the Compendium which deals with Man's response to God- I believe. I hope that this series continues to nourish your faith journey. So now the compendium asks a very important question to each of us:



25. How does man respond to God who reveals himself? (CCC 142-143)


Compendium states:
Sustained by divine grace, we respond to God with the obedience of faith which means the full surrender of ourselves to God and the acceptance of His truth insofar as it is guaranteed by the One who is Faith itself.

  

What does this mean for me?

1.            I am able to thank God for being sustained by divine grace.
2.            I am able to look at my life to see how do I respond to God- is it with obedience of faith and a full surrender to God?
3.            I am able to accept God’s truth and I am able to ask the Holy Spirit to assist me to understand God’s truths which I do not grasp.

 Questions to consider

1.            What is my level of obedience of faith?
2.            What am I willing to do to give God a full surrender of myself to Him?
3.            Am I familiar with God’s truth adequately to accept it?
4.            How can I sustain the divine grace that God gives me in my daily life?
5.            What does obedience of faith entail in my life?


No comments:

Post a Comment