Thursday, November 11, 2010

Compendium Series: Obedient witnesses in Sacred Scripture.

COMPENDIUM SERIES:

JESUS THE TEACHER: COMPENDIUM SERIES ICON.



 Obedient witnesses in Sacred Scripture.


26. Who are the principal witnesses of the obedience of faith in the Sacred Scriptures? (CCC 144-149)


Compendium states:

There are many such witnesses, two in particular: One is Abraham who when put to the test” believed in God” (Romans 4:3) and always obeyed his call.  For this reason, he is called the father of all who believe (Romans 4:11-19)).  The other is the Virgin Mary who throughout her entire life, embodied in a perfect way the obedience of faith: “Let is be done to me according to your word: (Luke 1:38). 

 What does this mean for me?


1.            As Abraham is my father in faith, and always believed in God and obeyed His
         call, I am able to choose to pray to Abraham to assist me in times of doubt and
         struggle in my faith.
2.           I am also able to pray to Mary to assist me to live my life according to the
          obedience of faith to God.

 Questions to consider


1.            What is obedience?
2.            What is faith?
3.           Read the story of Abraham (Genesis 25). Do I believe in God when I am put to the
         test? What is my response?
4.            When do I struggle to be obedient to the call of God?
5.            How can I embody Mary’s response in my own life each day?
6.            Am I grateful to Mary for her ‘yes to God’?


No comments:

Post a Comment