Thursday, November 25, 2010

Characteristics of fatih


COMPENDIUM SERIES.

JESUS THE TEACHER 


Characteristics of faith.


28. What are the characteristics of faith? (CCC 153-162,179-180,183-184)


Compendium states:

Faith is the supernatural virtue which necessary for salvation. It is a free gift of God and is accessible to all who humbly seek it.  The act of faith is a human act, that is, an act of the intellect of a person- prompted by the will moved by God-who freely assents to divine truth.  Faith also is certain because it is founded on the Word of God; it works” through charity”
(Galatians 5:6) and it continually grows through listening to the Word of God and through prayer.  It is, even now a foretaste of the joys of heaven.

What does this mean for me?



1.            I need to value the free gift of faith from God and treasure it by thanking God for it.
2.            I need to ask God’s forgiveness for my lack of appreciation for this gift.
3.            I need to nurture the gift of faith I have and ask God ‘Increase my faith and help my unbelief”.

Questions to consider

1.            What value have I given to the gift of faith God has given me?
2.            How will I nurture this gift by charity, listening to the Word of God and through prayer each day?
3.            Why is faith necessary for salvation?
4.            How can I encourage others to humbly seek this precious gift from God?
5.            Do I experience my faith as a foretaste of heaven? If not, how might I change this?

You may also wish to peruse my virtue series especially the posts related to the virtue of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment