Sunday, November 7, 2010

alternative Opening Prayer 32 Sunday of Year C

OPENING PRAYER SERIES

THE MASS: OPENING PRAYER SERIES ICON.


ALTERNATIVE OPENING PRAYER


The alternative Opening Prayer for 32 Sunday of Year C reads as follows:

Let us pray
(that our prayer rise like incense in the presence of the Lord)
Almighty Father,
strong is Your justice and great is Your mercy,
Protect us in the burdens and challenges of life,
Shield our minds from the distraction of pride,
and enfold our desire with the beauty of truth,
Help us to become more aware of Your loving design 
so that we may more willingly give our lives in service to all.


I do not often include the alternative opening prayer in this series, but I was struck by this prayer this morning as I heard it read eloquently by the priest at Mass and thought how beautiful it is.  
My practical way of using it this week is to make it part of my morning and evening prayer. I will expand it by personalizing it (eg name the burdens and challenges that I am facing this coming week, the areas where pride operates in my day and reflect on what hinders me from giving more willing service).

Perhaps this alternative opening prayer will speak to your heart too this coming week.







No comments:

Post a Comment