Saturday, August 28, 2010

Reflection and Prayer Series: A Prayer for Today

Reflection and Prayer Series: 
Christ The Redeemer.

A Prayer for Today
My reflection and prayer series is about sharing reflections and Prayers which have impacted upon me and have provided food for thought. I hope that they will also nurture your soul and spirit.

My post is called:
A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Every day I need You Lord,
but this day especially.
 I need some extra strength
to face whatever is to be.
 I need to feel You near-
to fortify my courage
and to overcome my fear.

By myself, I cannot meet the challenge of the hour.
There are times when human creatures need a higher Power-
to help them bear what must be borne.
 And so dear Lord, I pray-
Hold on to my trembling hand 
and be with me today.

  A PERSONAL COMMENT:
This prayer was given out in our parish some years ago. I do not know its author, but what I do know is that this prayer has become a favourite, especially when I have prayed it in times of great anxiety and fear, I know that God has heard and answered my prayer and it has given me great comfort in praying it.  I hope it may assist you at some stage in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment