Sunday, August 1, 2010

Opening Prayer Series: Alternative Opening Prayer



Opening Prayer Series:

 

the Mass: Opening Prayer Series.Icon.

Alternative Opening Prayer


The Alternative Opening Prayer of the Mass for the 18th Sunday of the Year reads as follows:
Let us pray
(to the Father whose kindness never fails)
God our Father, 
gifts without measure flow from Your goodness
to bring us Your peace.
Our life is Your gift.
Guide our life's journey,
for only Your love makes us whole.
Keep us strong in Your love.

REFLECTION QUESTIONS.


In making this prayer tangible for my life during this week, the following reflection questions emerged: 

1.What is my relationship with Father God- the Father whose kindness never fails?
2. How have I experienced the abundance of God with gifts without measure in my life?
3. What is the peace of God for me?
4. How do I see my life as a gift from God?
5. What areas in my life need God's guidance?
6. How might God's love make me whole this week- at home, work and in the parish?
7. How will I be strong in God's love this week?


SECOND READING REFLECTION


In the second reading from Colossians, we are encouraged to seek the things that are above where Christ is.  This also links with today's Gospel from Luke in which Jesus tells us in the parable to get our priorities right. In other words, be rich in the sight of God rather than be secure in worldly possessions.


As we journey through another week, we can keep the Gospel message in the forefront of our hearts of what we have heard at Mass today. 
Let us remind ourselves constantly by singing in our hearts the first verse of 'Seek Ye First' by Karen Lafferty -


Seek ye first the kingdom of God
and His righteousness.
And all these things shall be added unto you.
Allelu- Alleluia.

(Music can be found at no 48 from As One Voice-Hymns to celebrate life).


No comments:

Post a Comment