Thursday, August 19, 2010

no 11 Why and in what way is divine revelation transmitted

Compendium Series: 

JESUS THE TEACHER.


Divine Revelation


Now that we have examined the phases of divine revelation (last week's post), we now need to explore the next aspect of this topic.
  
11. Why and in what way is divine revelation transmitted? (CCC: 74)

Compendium states:
 God “desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth” 
(I Timothy 2-4), that is, of Jesus Christ.  For this reason, Christ must be proclaimed to all according to his own command, “Go forth and teach all nations” (Matthew 28:19).  And this is brought about by Apostolic Tradition.
NB: The word 'men' is all inclusive because it refers to species not gender. 

 What does this mean for me?
1.             I am able to express my gratitude each day to God for saving me and ask His grace to come to know the knowledge of the truth.
2.             Since I am saved by Christ dying on the cross, by prayer to the Holy Spirit and by study, I want to have the desire to come to the knowledge of the truth.
3.             I am able to proclaim Christ by who I am and my attitude to all each day.
Questions to consider:
1.             Do I believe that I am saved and what value does it hold in my life?
2.             Am I willing to learn my faith in order to be well equipped to proclaim Christ authentically?  
3.             How will I choose to learn my faith?
4.             Proclaiming Christ to the nations may sound daunting but what am I able to do to proclaim Christ and teach all nations- in my family and friends, in my workplace, in my parish and in all of my relationships?
As we delight in the fact that God desires to save 'all men (including me) and to come to know the full knowledge of the truth', let us us co-operate with God by our lives and mutual desire for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment