Thursday, August 5, 2010

Novena Prayer to St Dominic.


Novena Prayer to St Dominic.
Welcome to my Series: FEAST DAYS.

In this series, I will write a post about some of the special feast days that occur during the liturgical year.
My first post for this series is about my favourite saint
 ST DOMINIC.

Today is the feast of St Dominic in Australia, New Zealand and Solomons.  His feast day is celebrated on 8th August, but in Australia, it is celebrated on 5th because Blessed Mary McKillop's feast day is celebrated on the 8th August.

St Dominic is my favourite saint.  Being in a Dominican parish from the time I was a baby has contributed to my love of St Dominic. Every year we have the Novena to St Dominic. I wish to share with you the prayer to St Dominic that we use for the novena to his Feast Day.
NOVENA PRAYER TO ST DOMINIC

O wondrous hope 
which you gave to those who wept for you 
at the hour of your death,
promising after your departure
 to be helpful to your brethren.
Fulfill, father, what you have said 
and help us by your prayers.
You who shone by so many miracles 
worked on the bodies of the sick, 
bring us the help of Christ 
to heal our sick souls.
Fulfil, father, what you have said
 and help us by your prayers.

Interested in getting to know more about St Dominic and the Dominican Order, then you might like to check their website.
HAPPY FEAST DAY TO ALL WHO KNOW AND LOVE ST DOMINIC.


No comments:

Post a Comment