Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Australia Day

Happy Australia Day


Today is Australia Day-26 January.  there are always plenty of celebrations around the country for its citizens to join and celebrate.

On a personal note, today I played the organ for Mass first, playing of course the 3 verses of the National Anthem amongst other hymns, and then went to the opening day of Government House for a little bit of history, culture and celebration with fellow citizens.

On this Australia day, the people of Queensland and Victoria who have been suffering from the floods have been doing it tough. So in amongst their tragedy, I hope and pray that they can somehow be renewed today and get the courage they need. If you feel like giving a donation, please feel free to click on the donate widget to the right.

My prayer for all my fellow citizens comes from the feast of our patroness- Our Lady Help of Christians, but I like this prayer for today also. I hope that you will pray it with me.









No comments:

Post a Comment