Thursday, January 6, 2011

Compendium Series: Most ancient symbols of faith

COMPENDIUM SERIES:

JESUS THE TEACHER: COMPENDIUM SERIES ICON.

 

Most ancient symbols of faith


34. What are the most ancient symbols (profession) of the faith? (CCC 189-191)


Compendium states:

The most ancient symbols of faith are the baptismal creeds.  Because Baptism is conferred ‘in the name of the Father, and of the Son and the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 29:19), the truths of faith professed at Baptism are articulated in reference to the three Persons of the Most Holy Trinity.

What does this mean for me?


1.            Every time I sign myself with the sign of the Cross, I am signing myself in the Trinity-Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2.            I may be able to attend a baptism at my parish around the time of my baptismal anniversary to celebrate.

 Questions to consider


1.            What are the truths professed at baptism?
2.            What is my relationship with the Three Persons of the Most Holy Trinity-Father,
         Son and Holy Spirit?
3.        How do I celebrate my baptismal anniversary? (eg renew the baptismal promises
      made by my godparents on my behalf, attend Mass to thank God for being a child
      of God, attend a baptism at my parish church and/or at the church I was baptised)

No comments:

Post a Comment