Thursday, January 20, 2011

Compendium Series: My belief in God.


COMPENDIUM SERIES.


JESUS THE TEACHER.


My belief in God.


36. Why does the Profession of Faith begin with the words, “I believe in God”? (CCC 198-199)


Compendium states:

The Profession of Faith begins with these words because the affirmation “I believe in God” is the most important, the source of all the other truths about man and about the world, and about the entire life of everyone who believes in God.

What does this mean for me?

1.            Expressing my belief in God is the most important, the source of all truths and I am able to express it in prayer each day (e.g. “I believe in You, God of all truth and God of my life”.)

 Questions to consider


1.            How often do I acknowledge my belief in God?
2.            How might I strengthen my belief in God?


It should be noted that after Vatican 2, the Nicene Creed was changed to' We believe in God' to provide for a sense of community belief.  However, during 2011, with the text changes that are to be implemented, the text will once again become ' I believe in God'.

Whether we say 'we believe' or 'I believe', the most important aspect is that we do actually believe in our hearts and minds and nurture that belief in God.
So how will you explore this aspect this coming week?


No comments:

Post a Comment