Thursday, January 13, 2011

Compendium Series: the most important symbols of the faith


COMPENDIUM SERIES:

My belief in God.

35. What are the most important symbols of faith (CC 193-195)

Compendium states:
They are the Apostles’ Creed which is the ancient baptismal symbols of the Church of Rome and Nicene-Constantinople Creed which stems from the first two ecumenical Councils, that of Nicea (325 AD) and the of Constantinople (381 AD) and which even to this day are common to the great Church of the East and West.

What does this mean for me?
  1. I can include both the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed in my prayer life each day.

 Questions to consider
  1. Do I know both the Apostles Creed and Nicene Creed well- if not, then why not learn these ancient baptismal symbols in order to appreciate them?

  2. Why does the Church use the Nicene Creed at Mass?





No comments:

Post a Comment