Tuesday, December 14, 2010

WYD revisited and a life time of memories.

WYD revisited and a life time of memories.
 
WORLD YOUTH DAY CROSS AND ICON.
Recently I had the pleasure of being able to visit Sydney again.  It brought back so many vivid memories of World Youth Day there, and the many experiences I had during that special week.  There is of course so much to see in Sydney, but I found myself going down memory lane as I traced some of the places associated with WYD.

For example: At the time, there was a competition to be on one of the Captain Cook Cruises which would accompany the Pope's boat as he sailed into the harbour.  I was not a lucky winner in that competition, but in this recent trip I was able to take a cruise on one of these Captain Cook Cruises.  The commentator pointed out in her commentary the Sydney 2000- one of the Captain Cook Cruises boats which was much large, and which was used by the Pope. I was able to visualize with ease seeing the Pope coming up the harbour past the bridge and Opera House and that overwhelming spiritual sense of connection in that glorious moment.

So apart from indulging in memory lane with all the sights and sounds of WYD resonating in my memory, you may wonder why I am taking about this with you. . As I walked around Sydney indulging in memory lane, I was also thinking and praying for all potential Madrid pilgrims so that your plans and desires to attend WYD will come to fruition and that you will benefit from the experience of WYD.

I will not be going to Madrid, but through my blog generally and my WYD series in particular, I wish to encourage all potential pilgrims to attend WYD. For example, you may wish to click the donate widget to help assist me to sponsor a well deserving student  to WYD in Madrid.  Any donation small, medium or large will be greatly accepted and open up the possibility of another person being able to have the WYD experience for a life time.

WYD is not just a week- it is a life time of memories. It is also a life changing experience provided you have made some effort to prepare well physically, emotionally and spiritually.

The new year is not far away and WYD will around before you know it.  So why not, if you have not already got a plan happening, organize your physical, emotional and spiritual plan over Advent and Christmas seasons, so that you will be in great shape to either start your preparations or restart your plan in the new year.

Christ is inviting you to WYD through the pope and the Church. Why not RSVP or text a response in your heart. You will not regret your yes, but like this season of advent you need to
prepare the way of the Lord and make His paths straight.





No comments:

Post a Comment