Thursday, December 30, 2010

Compendium Series: the Symbols of Faith.

COMPENDIUM SERIES: THE SYMBOLS OF FAITH.


So now we start another section:

Section 2 chapter 1 which is called 'I believe in God the Father- the symbols of faith.'


33. What are the symbols of faith? (CCC 185-186,192,197)


Compendium states:
The symbols of faith are composite formulas, also called ‘professions of faith” or “Creeds”, with which the Church from her very beginning has set forth synthetically and handed on her own faith in a language that is normative and common to all the faithful.

What does this mean for me?

'Every morning I put on your clothes to cover your nakedness and protect your body from inclement weather. Why don't you also clothe your soul with the garment of faith? Remember each morning the truths of your creed, and look at yourself in the mirror of your faith. Otherwise, your soul will soon be naked with the nakedness of oblivion'.
-- St. Augustine (taken from ewtn.com)

Questions to consider

1.             What are the symbols of faith- the composite formulas which make up my faith?
2.             How can I hand on my faith to others?


No comments:

Post a Comment