Thursday, December 9, 2010

Compendium Series: Faith as personal and eclesial.


COMPENDIUM SERIES:

 

JESUS THE TEACHER: COMPENDIUM SERIES ICON.

Faith as personal and ecclesial.


30. Why is faith a personal act, and at the same time ecclesial? (CCC 166-169,181)


Compendium states:

Faith is a personal act insofar as it is the free response of the human person to God who reveals himself.  But at the same time, it is an ecclesial act which expresses itself in the proclamation” We believe”.  It is in fact the Church that believes; and thus by the grace of the Holy Spirit precedes, engenders and nourishes the faith of each Christian. For this reason, the Church is Mother and Teacher.


What does this mean for me?

1.           I thank God for the gift of faith He has given me and the desire to freely respond
         to Him.
2.            I thank God for the Church who nourishes my faith through the Holy Spirit.
3.            I thank God that in His wisdom that the Church is both Mother and Teacher.

 Questions to consider

1.            What do I do to nourish the faith that God has given me?
2.            What is my attitude to the Church?
3.            How does the Church nourish my faith?
4.            How is the Church Mother and Teacher for me?

         What is my attitude to my faith community (parish) and does it proclaim ‘We believe’ in its attitude?

No comments:

Post a Comment