Thursday, December 23, 2010

Compendium Series: One Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church


COMPENDIUM SERIES:

32. In what way is the faith of the Church one faith alone? (CCC 172-175,182)

The Church, made although up of persons who have diverse languages, cultures, and rites, nonetheless profess with an united voice the one faith that was received from the one Lord and that was passed on by the one Apostolic Tradition.  She confesses one God alone, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and point to one way of salvation.  Therefore, we believe with one heart and one soul all that is contained in the Word of God, handed down or written and which is proposed by the Church as divinely revealed.

What does this mean for me?
1.             I am able to pray to Father, Son and Holy Spirit in unity with the confession of the Church.
2.             I am able to thank God for my salvation.
3.             I am able to pray for the pope and bishops so that church may continue to profess with united voice the one faith that was received from the Lord and was passed on by the one Apostolic Tradition.
Questions to consider
1.             Do I profess with united voice with the one holy and Apostolic Church the faith I have received from the Lord?
2.             What is my relationship with Father, Son and Holy Spirit- the one God in 3 persons?
3.             What importance do I place on Scripture in my prayer life each day?


No comments:

Post a Comment