Thursday, December 2, 2010

Compendium Series: faith and science


COMPENDIUM SERIES

JESUS THE TEACHER

Faith And Science


29. Why is there no contradiction between faith and science? (CCC 159)


Compendium states:
Though faith is above reason, there can never be a contradiction between faith and science because both originate in God.  It is God Himself who gives to us the light both of reason and of faith.



 What does this mean for me?


1.            I can thank God for the light of faith and reason.
2.            I can appreciate the wonders of science.

 Questions to consider


1.            How can contradictions between faith and science occur?
2.            What is the difference between reason and faith?
3.            How can I nurture the gifts of reason and faith given me by God?

No comments:

Post a Comment