Thursday, September 2, 2010

Compendium Series: Understanding Apostolic Tradition Part 2

COMPENDIUM SERIES.



       

Understanding Apostolic Tradition Part 2


Last week, we explored the concept of Apostolic Tradition.  This week we explore further and ask:

13. In what ways does Apostolic Tradition occur? (CCC: 76)



Compendium states:



Apostolic Tradition occurs in 2 ways: through the living transmission of the word of God (also simply called Tradition) and through Scripture which is the same proclamation of salvation in written form.

What does this mean for me?

I am responding to the living transmission of the word of God when I listen well to a homily, that is preaching.
I am responding to the living transmission of the word of God when I give appropriate witness.

Questions to consider:

1.            What is the value of Sacred Scripture in my life?
2.      How often do I use scripture to assist me to prepare for Sacrament of Reconciliation or for Sunday Mass ( or daily Mass)
3.            What does salvation really mean for me?
Stay tuned next week:the relationship between Tradition and  Sacred Scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment