Sunday, September 5, 2010

Alternative Opening Prayer:23rd Sunday of Year C

Alternative Opening Prayer:

THE MASS: OPENING PRAYER SERIES.



The alternative Opening Prayer for 23rd Sunday of the Year reads as follows:
Let us pray
(to our just and merciful God)
Lord our God
in You justice and mercy meet.
With unparalleled love You have saved us from death
and drawn us into the circle of Your life.

Open our eyes to the wonders this life sets before us,
that we may serve You free from fear 
and address You as God our Father.

REFLECTION QUESTIONS.

In making this prayer tangible, the following reflection questions emerged.
1.            How is God just and merciful in my life?
2.            How does justice and mercy meet?
3.            What does it mean to me to be drawn into the circle of God's life?
4.            In what areas of my life am I blind to the wonders God's life sets before me?
5.            What are the fears that hinder me from serving You in my life this week?
6.            What is my relationship with Father God like?

I have already written a gospel reflection in my post 'Opening Prayer 23rd Sunday of the Year which you might like to peruse.  
If you would like to examine your relationship with Father God and need some uplifting resources to assist you, I can highly recommend the following




No comments:

Post a Comment