Thursday, September 23, 2010

Compendium Series: Divine Revelation Part 2


Compendium Series: 


 

JESUS THE TEACHER: COMPENDIUM SERIES ICON.

Divine Revelation Part 2


Today's post is the last of the group in the Compendium related to the transmission of Divine Revelation. However, it provides an important link, since no 18-24 pursue the importance of Sacred Scripture in the life of the Church.

17. What is the relationship between Scripture, Tradition and the Magisterium? (CCC 90)
  
The Compendium states: 

Scripture, Tradition and the Magisterium are so closely united with each other that one of them cannot stand without the others.  Working together, each in its own way, under the action of the one Holy Spirit, they all contribute effectively to the salvation of souls.


What does this mean for me?
 I am able to praise God for the unity Scripture, Tradition and the Magisterium have and how they effectively work together for the salvation of my soul.
2. I can pray to the Holy Spirit for a greater understanding of Sacred Scripture, appreciation of Tradition and the Magisterium.  

Questions to consider:
1.            How do I contribute effectively to the salvation of my soul?
2.            How do I contribute effectively to the salvation of  those people who cross my path each day?
So stay tuned to explore the next section of the Compendium-Sacred Scripture (nos 18-24). It really is enlightening and fascinating and a must for every Catholic to know and understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment