Thursday, September 30, 2010

Compendium Series: Sacred Scripture

 COMPENDIUM SERIES.

Jesus the Teacher.



We continue the faith journey and explore what the Compendium teaches us about Sacred Scripture and why it is so important for our lives.

18. Why does Sacred Scripture teach the truth? (CCC104-108,135-136)

  
Compendiums states:

Because God Himself is the author of Sacred Scripture.  For this reason, it is said to be inspired and to teach without error those truths which are necessary for our salvation.  The Holy Spirit inspired the human authors who wrote what He wanted to teach us, The Christian faith, however is not a “religion on of the Book, but of the Word of God”, not a written and man-made word, but incarnate and living. (Saint Bernard of Clairvaux).


What does this mean for me?


1. Because God is the author of the Sacred Scriptures, I need to take care to learn the truths which He wants to teach me for my salvation.
2. I am able to thank the Holy Spirit for inspiring the Evangelists and for teaching me in Sacred Scripture?

Questions to consider:

  1. What place and how important is Sacred Scripture in my prayer life?
  2. What are the truths that are necessary for my salvation?
  3. What truths do I learn from the Holy Spirit through Scripture each day?
  4. Why Sacred Scripture is relevant for all times and seasons?
  5. How does the Holy Spirit inspire me to teach the truth to others?




No comments:

Post a Comment