Sunday, January 10, 2010

SIA for Christmastide no 3.

SIA FOR CHRISTMASTIME SERIES


Baptism of Our Lord
BAPTISM OF OUR LORD

The Feast of the Baptism of Our Lord is the close of the Christmastide season.  It may seem like an unusual feast at first glance on which to finish the season, but on reflection, the Church has chosen well.

 This feast itself encourages us to:
  • listen to the voice of God's Spirit
  • ponder our own baptism.
  • 'follow the path of service which Christ demonstrates
  • be faithful to our calling.

MY SIA


When I connected this to the season of Christmastide, I reflected that Mary and Joseph indeed were perfect examples of people who listened to the voice of the God's Spirit, acted upon it in their lives and were faithful to their calling. So too, in their own way, were the shepherds and the Magi. They listened, followed and were faithful.

So as Christmastide comes to a close, our desire for Jesus should not. In fact we still have today to accomplish a Christmastide SIA. My final SIA for Christmastide includes:

  • Watching Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN) to enter into Pope Benedict’s celebration of the feast of the Baptism of Our Lord and see him administer the sacrament of Baptism.
    I watch ETWN  through my free to air Christian Satellite Television channel, which is available 24/7 with 11 Christian channels to enjoy. Ordering here.is easy with  a one off installation fee, and no monthly charges or subscriptions. 
  • Pondering my own baptism by reading about the sacrament. I like to celebrate my spiritual anniversaries such as baptism, confession, first communion and confirmation throughout the year.
  • Spending some reflective time at the crib to ponder my direction of my SIA's for Ordinary Time.
The season of Christmastide is drawing to a close. I hope you have had a holy and spiritual season.

Our Spiritual journey continues throughout the year by listening to the voice of the Spirit, following Christ's path of service and being faithful to our calling. May you hear the Father's voice saying to you each day this year.

You are my beloved, my favour rests on you.



No comments:

Post a Comment