Thursday, February 28, 2019

No 91 How did the two wills of the Incarnate Word cooperate?


No 91 How did the two wills of the Incarnate Word cooperate? (475,482)


Jesus the Teacher:
 Compendium Series Icon.
WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states:


Jesus had a divine will and a human will.  In His earthly life the Son of God humanly willed all that He had divinely decided with the Father and the Holy Spirit for our salvation.  The human will of Christ followed without opposition or reluctance the divine will or, in other words was subject to it.

PERSONAL RESPONSE

What does this mean for me?

  • I can thank God constantly that the human will of Jesus followed without opposition or reluctance the divine will, so that the eternal plans of God of salvation for all came to be through Hi suffering, death and Resurrection.
  • I am able through the grace of God to bring my will into line with the divine will God has placed in me.
  • Where my thoughts are less than what Jesus would expect, I can ask God’s help and also share my thoughts and feelings with Him.
  • I can be thankful too that Jesus did not lose His divinity whilst on earth and because of that embrace the divine nature He shares with me every day and learn to experience His infinite love for me each day.

Questions to consider.

1.     How would I explain this teaching to another person?
2.     What benefit does it have to me knowing that Jesus as a human experienced learning as I do?
3.      What is God’s divine will for me?  Am I following those plans or have I followed my own will?
4.     How does the impact of the truth that Jesus human will was subject to His divine will have on me?



No comments:

Post a Comment