Thursday, February 7, 2019

In what way is Jesus true God and true Man ( no 87) Compendium Series

THE COMPENDIUM SERIES


Jesus the Teachers: Compendium Series Icon



No 87 In What way is Jesus Christ true God and true man? teach in this regard (464-467,469)

Compendium states:



Jesus is inseparably true God and true man in the unity of HIs divine Person.  As the Son of God, who is “begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father, “he was made true man, our brother without ceasing to be God, our Lord.

What does this mean for me?



  •  Each time I say the Nicene Creed at Mass or in my own prayer time, I can be thankful that many people have wrestled with the teachings of the Catholic Church but have arrived at the truth as we say it in the Nicene creed.   
  • I can constantly be thankful for Jesus becoming man for our salvation. With this we have the assurance that Jesus understands how we feel as He experienced it all except sin.
  • I can be thankful too that Jesus did not lose His divinity whilst on earth and because of that embrace the divine nature He shares with me every day and learn to experience His infinite love for me each day.



Questions to consider.



  1. How would I explain this teaching to another person who asked or questioned how Jesus can be true God and true man?
  2. What does consubstantial mean?
  3. Why do you think many people balked at the ''New Translation of the Nicene Creed'' at Mass?
  4. Why is this teaching so central to my faith? What difference does it make to my everyday life?
  5. How does the impact of the truth that Jesus is true God and true man have on me?

No comments:

Post a Comment