Thursday, February 21, 2019

Did the Son of God have a soul with human knowledge? ( No 90 Compendium Series)

COMPENDIUM SERIES


No 90 Did the Son of God have a soul with human knowledge?  (470-474,482)

 
Jesus the Teacher

WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states:

The Son of God assumed a body animated by a rational human soul. With His human intellect, Jesus learned many things by way of experience; but also, as man, the Son of God had an intimate and immediate knowledge of God, His Father.  He likewise understood people’s secret thoughts and He knew fully the eternal plans which He had come to reveal.


PERSONAL RESPONSE

What does this mean for me?

  •  I can be thankful that Jesus still knows the eternal plans He has for me personally.
  • Knowing that Jesus is aware of my secret thoughts, I can monitor my thoughts so that they are constantly pleasing to Him.
  • Where my thoughts are less than what Jesus would expect, I can ask God’s help and also share my thoughts and feelings with Him.
  • I can be thankful too that Jesus did not lose His divinity whilst on earth and because of that embrace the divine nature He shares with me every day and learn to experience His infinite love for me each day.

Questions to consider.

  1. How would I explain this teaching to another person who asked or questioned how Jesus can be true God and true man?
  2. What benefit does it have to me knowing that Jesus as a human experienced learning as I do?
  3.  What is God’s eternal plans for me?  Am I following those plans or have I followed my own path?
  4. How does the impact of the truth that Jesus is true God and true man have on me?





No comments:

Post a Comment