Saturday, February 16, 2019

How does the Church set forth the Mystery of the Incarnation ( no 89) Compendium Series

COMPENDIUM SERIES


No 89 How does the Church set forth the Mystery of the Incarnation?  (464-471,479-481)

JESUS THE TEACHER:
COMPENDIUM SERIES ICON.


WHAT DOES THE  COMPENDIUM SAY.

Compendium states:


The Church confesses that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, with two natures, a divine nature and a human nature, not confused with each other, but united in the Person of the Word. Therefore in the humanity of Jesus,all things- His miracles, suffering and death must be attributed  to His divine Person which acts by means of His assumed human nature.

PERSONAL RESPONSE.

What does this mean for me?

  •  Each time I say the Nicene Creed at Mass or in my own prayer time, I can offer an act of faith in Jesus as both true God and true man.   
  • I can constantly be thankful for Jesus becoming man for our salvation. With this we have the assurance that Jesus understands how we feel as He experienced it all except sin through His human nature.
  • I can be thankful too that Jesus did not lose His divinity whilst on earth and because of that embrace the divine nature He shares with me every day and learn to experience His infinite love for me each day.

Questions to consider.

  1. How would I explain this teaching to another person who asked or questioned how Jesus can be true God and true man?
  2. Why would His miracles, suffering and death be attributed to His divine person?
  3.  How does our divine nature through Baptism affect our lives and the way we live?
  4. Why is this teaching so central to my faith? 
  5. How does the impact of the truth that Jesus is true God and true man have on me?




No comments:

Post a Comment