Sunday, February 28, 2010

Opening Prayer Series: Second Sunday of Lent Yr C

OPENING PRAYER SERIES. 

The Opening Prayer of the Mass for the Second Sunday of Lent reads as follows:


THE MASS.

OPENING PRAYER 

Let us pray
(for the grace to respond to the Word of God)
God our Father,
help us to hear Your Son.
Enlighten us with your word,
that we may find the way to your glory.

REFLECTION QUESTION.

In making this prayer tangible for my life during this week, the following reflection questions emerged:
1.     What does responding to the Word of God mean to me personally?
2.     What do I desire to hear Jesus say to me this week?
3.     What are the obstacles/limitations/sins that hinder my effort to respond to the Word of God?
4.     How might I work on one of these obstacles this week?
5.     What areas in my life need to be enlightened by the Word of God?
6.     What steps will I take this week to help this enlightenment to occur?
7.     How will I reflect it in my life during Lent? Does my Lenten observance support this goal?
8.     What is God's way to finding His glory? Am I following this way?

GOSPEL REFLECTION'

 On the Second Sunday of Lent, the Church highlights the hope of future glory for us as pilgrims.  The transfiguration of Christ allowed the chosen disciples- those closest to Him to experience Christ in His glory.  We, like Peter, need to respond 'Master it is wonderful for us to be here'. When we go into the cloud of our life and we feel afraid, let us listen for our Father's voice saying to us personally ' This is my Son, the Chosen One, Listen to Him'.

As we journey the second week of Lent, may the Lord be our light and our salvation.


No comments:

Post a Comment