Sunday, February 7, 2010

Opening Prayer Series: Fifth Sunday of the Year

OPENING PRAYER SERIES.


The Opening Prayer of the Mass for the Fifth Sunday of the Year reads as follows:

THE MASS: OPENING PRAYER SERIES ICON.



Let us pray
(that God will watch over us and protect us)
Father,
watch over Your family,
and keep us safe in your care,
for all our hope is in You

REFLECTION QUESTIONS

In making this prayer tangible for my life during this week, the following reflection questions emerged:
  1. What does it mean for you for God to watch over you? 
  2. What does God's protection mean for you?
  3. Name the obstacles that prevent you from remaining safe in God's care?
  4. What does placing all our hope in God mean for you this week?
  5. Each time a burden, worry and anxiety comes your way during this week, focus and place them in God's hands. Reread the Opening Prayer making it personal and/or think of the words 
  6. (a) God watches over me; (b)God keeps me safe in His care; (c) all my hope is in my God
  7. How might I express my gratitude to God for His loving protection?

God is our Creator who loves us. He created us in His image and likeness. Let us savour God watching over us, protecting us and keeping us safe as we place all our hope in Him.

May our hearts sing during this week with the psalmist:

" Keep me safe O God, You are my hope"


No comments:

Post a Comment