Friday, January 15, 2021

No 123 Why does Jesus call upon His disciples to take up their cross?

 

COMPENDIUM SERIES

                                                          Jesus the Teacher


                            Jesus the Teacher:  Compendium Series Icon.

 

 

No 123. Why does Jesus call upon His disciples to take up their cross? (CCC 618)

 

WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states:

By calling on His disciples to take up their cross and follow Him, Jesus desires to associate with His redeeming sacrifice those are to be its first beneficiaries?

What does this mean for me?

  1.    As I am a disciple of Jesus, I too am a beneficiary of His redeeming sacrifice.
  2.   I can offer up my day, the pains in my body, the frustrations etc as reparation and therefore associate with His redeeming sacrifice.
  3.  I can offer to Jesus all my sinfulness and I can also offer up to Jesus the sins of other people who suffer similar types of sin as myself.

Questions to consider.

  1. What does taking up my cross mean to me on a daily basis?
  2. What are the crosses I can offer to Jesus as part of His redeeming sacrifice?
  3. How do I benefit from the redeeming sacrifice of Jesus?
  4. How do I follow Jesus each day?

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment