Thursday, January 7, 2021

No 122. What are the results of the sacrifice of Christ on the cross? (CCC 613-617,622-623.)

 

COMPENDIUM SERIES

Jesus the  Teacher

JESUS THE TEACHER:  Compendium Series Icon.


No 122. What are the results of the sacrifice of Christ on the cross? (CCC 613-617,622-623.)
 

WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?

Compendium states:

Jesus freely offered His life as an expiatory sacrifice, that is, He made reparation for our sins with full obedience of His love unto death. This love “to the end” (John 13;1) of the Son of God reconciled all humanity to the Father.  The Pascal sacrifice of Jesus, therefore redeems humanity in a way that is unique, perfect and definitive; and it opened up for them communion with God.

What does this mean for me?

  1.     Each day and many times throughout the day, I want to thank Jesus for dying for me so that I can have communion with God.
  2.  I can meditate on the sufferings and death of Jesus through reciting the sorrowful mysteries of the rosary especially on Tuesdays and Fridays.
  3.  I can rejoice that through Christ’s suffering and death for me that I can have communion with God.  What a gift.

 

Questions to consider.

1.     1 What does the sacrifice of Jesus dying on the cross in reparation for my sins mean to me?
2.    What difference does the death of Jesus in reparation and in love make to my daily life?
3.    Make an action step that I will do during this year to acknowledge and show my gratitude to Jesus
     for dying for me?

4.    What reparation can I make for the souls of other people during this year?
5.    How does the Mass as a re-presentation of the suffering and death of Jesus impact me at  Mass?

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment