Thursday, September 26, 2019

No 113 What were the accusations by which Jesus was condemned to death?


COMPENDIUM SERIES.

JESUS THE TEACHER: COMPENDIUM SERIES ICON.



No 113.  What were the accusations by which Jesus was condemned to death? (CCC 574-575)


WHAT DOES THE COMPENDIUM SAY?


Compendium states:
Some of the leaders of the Jews accused Jesus of acting against the law, the temple in Jerusalem and in particular against faith in the one God because He proclaimed to be Son of God.  For this reason they handed Him over to Pilate so that he could condemn Him to death.

What does this mean for me?

1.            I can thank God every day for His saving plan of redemption for all of humanity and that my redemption came at a great price- the suffering, death and resurrection. My redemption came through His blood.
2.            I can be thankful that Jesus, in His humanity did not deny who He truly is- the Son of God.
3.            I can draw inspiration from Jesus to stay true to my own identity as a child of God through adoption.


Questions to consider.
  1. 1. How can I appreciate the saving plan of God- the Paschal Mystery in my life every day? 
  2. How do I build up the Church – what contribution do I make?
  3. Why is important to understand why the Jewish leaders handed Jesus over to Pilate?
  4. How can I be true to the truth when I am accused by other people or when my reputation is sullied by idle, untruthful gossip?


No comments:

Post a Comment